Six years to the day, on July 4th, 2013 I performed open-case surgery on my primary gaming computer, aka [[Neo]], and on my media-server-turned-gaming-PC that my wife has used, aka [[Oracle]], and migrated the internals of [[Neo]] into [[Oracle]] and bought all new parts for [[Neo]].
It’s been right around a year since I posted last in the blog, and I figured it was time for an update, after someone commented on my How to Handle Online Harassment blog post and a code error prevented me from approving and replying.
A couple new things have happened that have kept me out of the how-to-tech world as much as I have been in the past.
Taking another approach to location-announcing computer security systems using features of modern browsers.
Changing my SafeSearch settings on the different computers I use is annoying and the setting doesn’t carry over from one computer to another. While messing around with configuring Google SSL as my default search engine, I tried messing with my SafeSearch results, and found a setting to Lock them. The resulting configuration was not what I was looking for (it locks to “Strict”, I wanted it “Off”), but it’s still a handy tool for parents and people sensitive to such material. So here’s how you configure it:
The viewer should be able to mark commercials as SPAM, False-Advertisement, or Irrelevant to see more poignant commercials.