I spent the better portion of half my lunch working on the sub-forums. I only have a couple more pages to edit, and then to up load the pages to the server and test it out. When I’m done with that (hopefully it’ll work on the first try) I’ll get to work on the Profile CP tonight, since I don’t have school, and then when that is tested and works, I’ll open it up to people to come hang out on.
I’ll still post updates here, but I’ll also use the RSS Reader code to put the updates in the forums too.
Also, I’ll actually leave the original theme (SubSilver) once it’s modded out, up for people to choose to run that theme instead of the tsnX theme. I’m pretty sure you’re going to want to use the tsnX verison, because it will have all the cool things in it that are specialized for tsn, but some people like options. Everyone will be set to tsnX as their default theme though, they can change it later.
So, the feature list:
- Podcast Feed section. This is for the new Spotcast that wizard and I are working on.
- My Pics/User Pics feeds. To bring more attention to the Photobook.
- Auto-updating New Posts Table. Using the AJAX technology (of sorts) that powers the tsnXchat.
- Spell Checker (for all those that have requested it in the past
- Multiple spaces allowed in a post (I know that’s frustrating for people that like tabs…the [tab] will till be there though)
- Auto-resizing of the remote-avatars. You’ll be able to link to an off-site avatar, and it will still stay within the size limit.
- Per-User Avatar/Signature displays. With this you can choose whether or not you want to see avatars or signatures when viewing posts. I know SigImgs have been a discussion in the past, and UPS brought this up to me, so now it’ll be implemented in tsnX.
- Gtalk, Jabber, and Skype screenname boxes in the profiles. They’re increasing in popularity, and we (the admin) use them as I’m sure most of the users do.
- And a ton more features!
- The Buddy list is going to be moved to the MySpot page to get people accustomed to seeing/using it more. It’ll be one of the driving forces behind the-blot.net
- There will probably be some more changes, I can’t think of any right off though.
- TSN Special Report – will show the last 3 special reports, and allow you to click through each, only displaying one at a time, while on the same page. You’ll have to see what I’m talking about.
- Direct Link to the message when you get a Private Message Email (not a link to the inbox)…as well as the entire message itself.
- You’ll also be able to see the message you’re replying to, as you would when posting a reply in the forums.
- And some other changes too…to make things easier
A Couple Nifty Features:
- You’ll be able to see when Google, MSN, or Yahoo is scanning over the site. Their bot will show up in the list of online users
- Some better online/offline graphics, as well as on/off status for AIM and Yahoo and some other IM clients.
- And then there are a couple more features that you’ll get to explore when the site is released
Most importantly is the new interface. It’s going to be the smoothest, cleanest tsn yet. We’re talking soft, round, uncluttered pages…and some abilities to hide/view certain tables and boxes. Some of those abilities might come as upgrades to the template, some will be available from the official release. But it’s “tsnX – The Next Step in Evolution.”